TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I beat on mine so hard
People Seeking Info

Subject I beat on mine so hard

Posted by Zvil (FL) on April 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 307 times.

In Reply To How often do you push your Z to that red limit? posted by YlwPrlZTT on April 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Message Speed shift, take off hard from lights, highway 5th gear pulls, hard turns, hard stops, I redline mine at least once if not twice a day and I daily mine 100 miles a day..... with that being said, I don't do repeated back to back pulls, I maintain mine meticulously, work hard to play hard. I understand what is happening each time I accelerate and keep an eye on my gauges, I am very anal about what kind of fuel I use (shell or chevron for the injector cleaning additives, only stations with a separate 93 nozzle) and because I still have the stock oil cooler, depending on the weather I make sure it has enough between time to cool down. On hot days if I want to beat on it I'll turn the a/c off and turn the heater all the way to 90 to help with cooling to the back of the engine. Understand that every time you do a hard pull that's one less hard pull the engine has to offer, I feel compared to all the other local Z owners I abuse my Z alot more (although there's really no way to measure that) I have a stack piled maybe 60 high sitting on my desk at work of drag slips and my motor has an estimated 126k miles on it....being a jdm motor I don't know for sure but I know it has at least 66K from me, I changed the rod bearings and I feel that they were not too badly worn except my #4 which I mentioned in a previous post but I believe that was a result from knock on from a mail order tune (now I have a custom dynotune and a j&s knock guard)

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.